Isle Royale and Overnight Trips
Our Lake Superior sea kayak tours include basic instruction by our professional American Canoe Association Instructors, use of modern, state-of-the-art Boreal Design or Venture single or tandem sea kayak, the latest in kayak gear & equipment and professional guide service.
- A top-of-the-line Boreal Design or Venture single or tandem sea kayak
- The latest in kayak outfitting equipment
- Professional Guide Service
- Trip Orientation on the afternoon prior to your trip departure, which also includes a “mini” Water Safety Course
- All food and cooperative meal preparation
- Camp kitchen equipment
- Ferry transportation for individuals and their kayaks (for Isle Royale Tours)
- All Park permits & fees (for Isle Royale Tours)
Participants need only to provide a sleeping bag, pad, their personal items and a sense for adventure!
*NOTE: A 15% discount is offered for participants using their own sea kayaks and full outfitting equipment that meet our safety requirements.
Isle Royale and the Keweenaw Peninsula are both closely related. They are a mirror image to each other, sharing the same Michigan county, the same Great Lake and in fact, are part of the same bedrock! Composed of some of the oldest exposed rock in the world, the unique geologic compounds, mineral deposits, parallel spiny ridgelines and botany are virtually identical. Eagles, loon, and water fowl inhabit both, however, Isle Royale is also home to wolves, moose, and otters. What’s more both showcase premier Midwestern wilderness areas ideal for paddling adventures.