Postponed Opening – Doing the Safety Dance!

Postponed Opening – Doing the Safety Dance!

UPDATE: JUNE 19th OPENING!
Operations will be complying by CDC, state and local public health authorities guidelines/protocol. Online booking is activated and you are welcome to book lodging, tours, rentals and shuttles. Thank you & stay tuned!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Belated “May Day” Greetings! 

From its ancient Greco-Roman origins to its medieval and more modern observances, May Day celebrates the return of spring. And while it’s most difficult to share a Basket of flowers with all of our loyal Keweenaw Adventure Company followers, we have included a classic MTV video (see below!) that touches on the traditional festival spirit of the day that can’t help but to make you smile☺

While we are anxious to get the shop up and going for the season, the reality is that we’re simply  not ready. The safety of our staff and our customers is the utmost priority, and amid the climate of COVID-19 uncertainties which still abound, there is also Michigan’s Executive Order to extend the current State of Emergency until May 28.  That said, we have decided to postpone our traditional Memorial Day weekend opening, particularly in lieu of Experience the Keweenaw’s cancellation. Sidenote: Experience the Keweenaw is alternatively planning for virtual hiking, biking and paddling – so make sure to check that out!

…we have decided to postpone our traditional Memorial Day weekend opening…

Based on some most reputable global research by Twenty31, “the return to tourism (starting with domestic travel) is expected to return close to the end of June/beginning of July time-frame for some destinations around the world.” We recently polled our clientele, too, and found that out of 700 perspective travelers, an encouraging 75% of them aimed on adventuring with us this season when deemed permissible.

Thus, we are maintaining our cautiously optimistic attitude that we’ll be able to open as a safe travel destination before we get too far into the summer! We’re currently looking at mid-to-late June as a best case scenario, so please stay tuned to our E-News, Facebook and blog for further updates. Bottom line, how the state-of-affairs unfold over the upcoming weeks will be very telling and will help to determine a final decision, along with necessary precautions we’ll need to implement for everyone’s safety.

… currently looking at mid-to-late June as a best case scenario, so please stay tuned to our E-News, Facebook and blog for further updates.

Until then, do a little (socially distanced) Safety Dance until it’s safe to travel and dance again in the Harbor!

p.s. Learn more on our COVID-19 Response here: KAC’s Navigation of COVID-19s Uncharted Waters (including information on our special 100% refund cancellation policy to provide you confidence in booking this season!)

 

No Comments

Post A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.