Respect the Van. Take a Lift to the Top!
Ready For Mountain Bike Downhill Runs? Because there is no ski area with a chairlift in Copper Harbor, our unique Michigan mountain bike shuttle is the next best way to get you and your mountain bike to the top of the mountain without having to pedal! An activity that’s most commonly associated with ski resorts out west, mountain bikers enjoy bombing down Copper Harbor’s sustained vertical descents along the miles of sweet singletrack that connect the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, Brockway Mountain and the village, nearly 600′ vertical and up to 3 miles below. While most of the trails are cross country trails and involve some pedaling, Copper Harbor’s gravity trails “Flying Squirrel”, ”Over-Flow”, “Danimal” and “Downtown” will push riders (and their suspensions) to their technical limits.
- Every Saturday and Sunday from Noon-5:30pm (May 28th- October TBA, weather dependent!)
- Tuesday evenings from 5:00-9:30pm (June – August)
- We will also be offering some“bonus” Friday and Monday shuttles throughout the season…please “like” us on Facebook to receive these announcements!
- While it is encouraged you reserve online ahead of time, reservations are NOT required during above mentioned “scheduled” times
- Shuttle runs MAY be available during “non-scheduled” times by reservation (simply Contact Us) and/or depending on the availability of staff and the vans… see “Cost Per-Run for Non-Scheduled Shuttle Schedule” posted below
- The shuttle completes a round trip between the shop and the Mountain Lodge or Brockway Mountain every 15-20 minutes.
- We now have two 14 passenger vans and two custom built trailers to minimize the wait times in an effort to keep up with the shuttle’s growing popularity!
Cost – During Scheduled Times
- $8.50 per run
- $25 day pass
- $45 weekend pass (must be a consecutive Saturday and Sunday)
- $60 three day weekend pass (on weeks with specially promoted Friday evening service – must be consecutive days on the same weekend)
- $179 season pass
- Anyone with a 5-hour or Full/Multi-day bike rental receives $5 off a day or weekend shuttle pass.
- Copper Harbor Trails Club members receive 10%-off (just present current CHTC/IMBA membership card & photo ID)
- Starting on Sep. 15, and going until the end of the season, students who have an active college ID card will receive a 50% discount on scheduled service.
Cost – Per-Run During Non-Scheduled Times — “Schedule Your Own Shuttles”
- 1 person per run = $18
- And each additional person is an additional $2 (e.g. 2 people per run = $20, 3 people per run = $22… and so on up until 14 people per run = $44)
NOTE: Runs during non-scheduled times may be available to walk-ins, though to guarantee availability, it is suggested you schedule your run(s) by reservation.