State-of-the-art Kayaks and Gear!
We pride ourselves on the fact that we sell the majority of our used kayaks and equipment at the end of each season and in turn, reinvest in new, state-of-the-art kayaks and gear at the start of every year to ensure a high-quality experience for our customers! All our kayaks are made of polymer (molded plastic) and are equipped with two hatches with bulkheads and a rudder.
The big lake has many moods… take time to review Being Prepared – Lake Superior Kayaking!
SEA KAYAK OUTFITTING INCLUDES:
* Sea kayak (Boreal Design) equipped with a rudder, deck-lines and two hatches with bulk heads
* Paddle, spray skirt, life vest (PFD), wetsuit, bilge pump, paddle float, a whistle and at least 2 dry bags per person
* VHF / Weather Radios capable of two-way communications with the NPS and/or other boaters may be rented for an additional $5/day
Prior to renting sea kayaks (not sit-on-top kayaks) for self-guided adventures, all participants must be at least 16 years of age and meet one of the following requirements:
* Successfully complete our Fundamental Water Safety Course
* “Test-out” by successfully demonstrating a “wet exit”, assisted “T-Rescue” and self-rescue “Paddle-Float re-entry” (a $10/person fee)
* Provide documentation (signed by an ACA Certified Instructor) of having completed a water safety course meeting the same curriculum as ours within the past 3 years
Also, participants 15 years or younger (who weigh at least 80lbs) must paddle in a tandem kayak
NOTE: There is no pre-requisite for renting our sit-on-tops kayaks