Agate Harbor Paddle Tour – 4 ½ – 5 Hours
On this Upper Peninsula Kayaking Tour you’ll navigate an area of the Keweenaw Peninsula that most closely resembles the shoreline of its sister rock, Isle Royale. We’ll launch from a rocky beach and explore a chain of barrier islands, the “arch rock”, finger bays and view the spiny ridgelines that parallel the peninsula. On calm water days, paddlers can view the remnants of the City of St. Joseph in about 20′-30’ of water. The 254′ barge was lost on the shallow reef during a northwest gale in September of 1942.
What do I bring sea kayaking?
To ensure your sea kayak adventure is a good experience, we suggest that you bring the following:
- A synthetic top such as polyester, polypropylene or capaline. Fleece is great for cooler days or evenings. Cotton should be avoided.
- Shorts or a swimsuit that a wetsuit can be slipped over.
- Water-shoes or sandals. Participants can choose to go barefoot if they desire. Shoes with laces are not allowed!
- Hat for shade when it’s sunny. Cap for warmth if it’s cool.
- Sunglasses and Sunscreen
- Drinking Water – a pint is sufficient for most.
- Camera – take advantage of the many photo opportunities while on ‘da Big Lake!